VR training module in the field of risk evaluation
Pilz is a global supplier of automation products, systems, and services. The company does not compromise on the safety of people, machines, and the environment. As a family business with a long tradition and presence all over the world, it aims to be a reliable partner for companies.
Production of a training application for comfortable learning of safety procedures in the workplace
- In traditional training that lasts many hours, the challenge is to keep the attention and commitment of the students. Although the trainers use teaching aids such as presentations and films, some of the issues require visiting the factory and learning on the example of working devices.
- According to the project, virtual reality was to be used to help overcome these problems and add value to the existing training program conducted by Pilz Polska.
Moving the workspace to virtual reality allows you to reduce training costs and the potential risk of accidents during learning
VR training for the elimination of the risk of accidents when operating robots
- Together with the Pilz Polska training department, we developed a scenario that was to show how employees are exposed to robot collisions and how hardware solutions and safety procedures eliminate this risk.
- We proposed to prepare a VR application for Samsung Gear VR mobile goggles with the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Later, hardware support was extended to the Oculus Go VR goggles.
- The user can navigate the robotic application – he can observe accidents and safety procedures from different perspectives. It is possible to enter the fencing.
Gathering project assumptions
Defining user journey
Designing the gameplay
3D graphics creation and programming
Adaptation to target devices
Thanks to VR technology, employees have the opportunity to better understand the potential danger. During the training, the chosen conductor explains risk factors and security solutions illustrated in 3D graphics.
- Success # 1 | More effective training
- Success # 2 | A scalable solution
- Success # 3 | Variety of training sessions