Convenient OHS training for the LMS platform
Easy-to-use training implemented in the CMS platform, with applications for generating certificates for employees attending initial and periodic occupational health and safety classes.
AstraZeneca is an innovative biopharmaceutical company, at the forefront of the largest companies in this sector in the world. With patients in mind, AZ develops and produces modern drugs to help fight diseases that are the greatest challenges of modern medicine.
Transparent and interactive company training
- As in many innovative companies, AstraZeneca Poland’s HR specialists were looking for a solution that would expand the formula of S.H.E. (security, health & environment), which is the equivalent of the universal health and safety course for employees and company managers.
- The main need of the HR department was to create transparent and engaging training that could run on the company’s LMS (learning management system) platform. It was to offer separate lessons and topics, have built-in knowledge test modules, and the option to download documentation that meets the requirements of the company and labor law.
- The challenge for the Giant Lazer team was to build a complete training experience that wouldn’t become just another necessity to quickly click through and forget. Rather, we wanted to create a fun and interesting digital course with an impact on employees’ knowledge.
AstraZeneca Poland also reported a need for a certificates-generating application that would be used after completing courses. This is an addition that was necessary from the perspective of the company’s administration.
Complete training solution for CMS
with desktop documentation generator
- From our company’s perspective, mandatory training should be as understandable as possible, allowing anyone to complete the course with understanding. Therefore, the key aspect of the work was to ensure that the user was properly guided through the consecutive windows of the system.
- We focused on a simple UI design, showing both the current lesson window and the table of contents. This gives you the ability to navigate through the training with the ability to save the progress and return to the selected point in the next session.
- We used the content provided by the HR department of AstraZeneca Poland to prepare an interactive training in the form of a scorm 1.2 file for LMS platforms. Ultimately, we included 25 modules divided into two categories: S.H.E. and quizzes to test the understanding of specific topics.
Gathering project assumptions
Defining user journey
Creating course layout
Documentation generators development
The training includes helpful multimedia segments: carousel boards, content in expandable tables, interactive dialogues, as well as modules for self-sorting information.
When building an application for generating documentation related to initial and periodic training, our specialists made sure that HR department employees will be able to easily export new documents based on two or three input files (depending on the scenario assumed).
All thanks to the work of the IT team, which managed to create a file standard that works with the application, the DocuSign system, and, additionally, allowing the system to automatically find the e-mail addresses of the training participants. This is extremely helpful in terms of internal communication and both documents.
- Success #1 | Training that makes sense
The online training available on the company’s LMS platform is a simple but effective solution. The interactive course covers issues in the field of labor law, preventive health protection, occupational risk assessment, fire protection, sustainable development, and more. It is available to everyone – both via a computer browser and on mobile devices.
- Success #2 | Efficient tools for HR
A comprehensive and useful tool, which is accompanied by an application for generating documents, significantly improves the training process of S.H.E. at AstraZeneca Polska, making it easier to track user progress and stay up to date with the list of current participants and their certificates.