Educational competition in
a logistic VR application
serving as an introduction to the topic of deliveries, sorting, and storage.
WSB University Wroclaw
WSB University sets standards in the field of adaptation of new technologies for the education sector. Through the use of immersive and engaging products – including VR games and applications – WSB develops not only the recruitment process but also the way of conducting training courses.
Developing the ability to efficiently analyze
and assess the situation in working conditions
- In the original assumption, the game was to be a realistic representation of the logistics process. However, after testing the prototype and consulting with the client, we quickly came to the conclusion that the game should be a bit unreal, set in a visually attractive environment.
- We continued the conceptual work in a soft, youthful sci-fi atmosphere. We made drawings for each essential element of the game to achieve visual consistency. We made models based on drawing concepts.
We wanted to make the game easier for most players for whom Pack Rage is the first contact with VR (6DoF tracking and controllers). After putting on the goggles, the user can take part in a tutorial, in which he can learn about physics in VR and the rules of the game.
The robots start throwing packages to the player in such a way that they can be caught one at a time and loaded into one transporter. Over the course of several dozen seconds, the player, who is usually clumsy after putting on the goggles, gradually becomes fit. More transporters arrive. During the three minutes of the game, the pace of throwing packages is smoothly increased, reaching the maximum in the last seconds of the game, and the player has to operate as many as 5 transporters.
Learning technical details in the form of virtual entertainment
- A polished and visually styled application that appeals to a youthful audience
- Ease of implementing the user into the game through a tutorial
- Logistics learning through manual motor tasks and reflex training
Gathering project assumptions
Defining user journey
Designing the gameplay
3D graphics creation
Adaptation to target devices
Pack Rage audio is an essential part of the VR experience. The action taking place around the player is intentionally disorienting, and the player’s challenge is to locate incoming packages and efficiently distribute them to the trucks around.
- Success # 1 | Innovative education
WSB University is a university that sets standards in the adaptation of new technologies to the needs of student education. Together with us, when preparing a VR game, WSB supports the recruitment process and sets the direction for the development of training using modern IT techniques.
- Success # 2 | Great for promo-events
Our application works well both in the classroom and during promotional events of the WSB University. It is a solution that builds a sense of competition, and at the same time presents the innovative nature of the university. The stand with the Pack Rage game has often become the most spectacular point of the exhibition zones.
- Success # 3 | Audiovisual experience
Thanks to the work of Giant Lazer graphic designers, the application is distinguished by great models, combining si-fi styling with fairy-tale accessibility. This underlines the entertaining nature of our project, which would also not be complete without the work of sound designers and the characteristic soundtrack by Sebastian Ładyżyński.